Arpo & Co. Pty Ltd trading as Lifestyle Parenting Distribution Group A.B.N 14 638 763 069 recognise that your personal information is important to you and that you are concerned with its collection, use and disclosure. Lifestyle Parenting, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which set clear standards regarding these activities.
This policy contains information about:
• the purposes for which Lifestyle Parenting collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
• the types of personal information that Lifestyle Parenting collects;
• how Lifestyle Parenting collects and holds personal information;
• how you may access the personal information that Lifestyle Parenting holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information; and
• how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by Lifestyle Parenting and how Lifestyle Parenting will deal with such a complaint.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Why does Lifestyle Parenting collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Lifestyle Parenting collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
• providing you with products and/or services requested;
• dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
• marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
• developing and improving our products and services;
• in connection with our monthly specials;
• the operation and administration of accounts and payment processing;
• carrying out certain checks (for example, credit checks, if you wish to open an account with us, and to order online);
• reconciling payments due to Lifestyle Parenting from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers;
• carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution. In particular, Lifestyle Parenting is required by law to collect personal information in certain circumstances, including:
o return of stock
o We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Documents (including hard copy documents and electronic documents such as emails) which coincidentally contain personal information will also be retained in accordance with Lifestyle Parenting normal document retention practices for accounting, legal and business purposes.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want.
What personal information does Lifestyle Parenting collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
• your name;
• your postal and billing address;
• your telephone number(s);
• your e-mail address;
• your web address
• payment information, account details;
• transaction information;
• your user name and password;
• information for credit references.
How does Lifestyle Parenting collect and hold your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
• when you order goods or services from us (either online, via email or over the telephone);
• when you set up an account with us;
• when you subscribe to our catalogues or mailing lists
• when you enter competitions or promotions that we run;
• when you submit an enquiry using one of our websites;
• on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products).
Generally, Lifestyle Parenting will collect your personal information directly from you. However, Lifestyle Parenting also holds information, collected incidentally, concerning individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with Lifestyle Parenting. Additionally, if you apply for a job with Lifestyle Parenting, we may collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
Lifestyle Parenting holds personal information in a number of ways, including:
• as part of customer records and other electronic documents on which personal information is contained which are stored on our information technology systems and servers operated by third parties who provide services to us in connection with our business; and
When you create an account with us your details will be added to our marketing database to receive information relating to Lifestyle Parenting and our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our marketing database via our website.
To opt-out of receiving Lifestyle Parenting marketing materials, you will need to unsubscribe from our marketing database. To do this, simply select the "unsubscribe" option in one of the emails that you receive from us. Please note that if you have an account with Lifestyle Parenting, we may still need to send you essential information about your account.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from misuse, interference and loss and any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access, correct and update your personal information
Upon your request, Lifestyle Parenting provide access to your personal information that we hold (except in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)). Lifestyle Parenting reserves the right to request some proof of your identify before providing information to you.
You may also request us to correct the personal information that Lifestyle Parenting holds about you. If you do so and we are satisfied that, having regard to a purpose for which the information is held, the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, Lifestyle Parenting will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct your personal information to ensure that, having regarding to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To request access to the personal information that Lifestyle Parenting holds about you, or to update or correct that personal information, please send a written request to Lifestyle Parenting, by email to email@example.com.
• if you are a subscriber to our marketing database you can also update your details via the "modify your subscription" option in one of the emails that you receive from us;
How to make a Complaint
If you are concerned that the way Lifestyle Parenting collects, holds, uses or discloses your personal information may be in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please send written details of your complaint to The Privacy Officer, Lifestyle Parenting, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Lifestyle Parenting will handle complaints
After receiving a complaint, we will consider whether we need any further information from you to properly consider and investigate the complaint, and may request such information from you. We will then:
• conduct internal discussions with the relevant business units involved in the collection, holding, use or disclosure of your personal information which is the subject of your complaint, and evaluate whether we believe that such collection, holding, use or disclosure of your personal information was in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles; and
• notify you of the results of our investigation of your complaint.
If the conclusion of our investigation is that our collection, holding, use or disclosure of your personal information was in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, we will take steps to remedy the breach as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will endeavour to notify you of the results of our investigation of your complaint within 30 days of receiving your complaint. However, if your complaint involves complex matters or requires extensive investigation and consultation, it may not be possible to respond within this timeframe.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Information about how to make a complaint is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website (www.oaic.gov.au).